Instructions to install drivers HP LaserJet on Windows 10/8.1/7
These instructions are for how to install on Windows 10, the screenshots should be pretty similar for windows 8.1 and windows 7 too. Please note: every major update that microsoft releases for windows 10 (which happens twice a year) removes this driver so you will have to follow this guide again when you install the major windows 10 updates. I suggest you bookmark this link and store the installers on your computer.
- After you Download Driver either on you the Windows 32bit or 64bit ,Make sure that your printer is turned ON.
- Connect your printer to your computer, you will see this screen leave it to install and close it once it is finished.
- Run your Driver after you download depending whether you are installing on 32bit windows or 64bit windows. Click “unzip” then click “ok” and then you will see the following screen:
- Click “Yes”
- Select “Traditional Mode” and click “Next”
- You will briefly see this screen:
- this screen will then appear:Select “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings” and click “Next”.
- Select “Use an existing port” and click the drop down box and select “DOT4_001 (HP Print Device)”
- select “HP Universal Printing PCL 5 (v6.1.0)” and click “Next”.
- Rename the printer example “HP LaserJet 1010” then click “Next”.
- You will see the above screen for about 20 seconds or so, then you will see this screen:
- select “do not share this printer” and click “Next”.
- Select “Print a test page” in order to test the printer, you will hopefully see the screen below screen and a test print will be printed, then click “Close”
- wait a few seconds and the following screen will appear, it will carry on installing with some different messages then the final message will be this, click “Finish”: