HP Printers Setup USB For Mac OS
|Step 1: Prepare for the printer setup|
- Confirm the following requirements and items before you begin:
- The printer is turned on and in a ready state.
- Obtain a USB cable less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- There is an available USB port on your computer: If you connect through a USB hub or docking station, the printer might not receive enough power to properly operate.
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer. Do not reconnect the cable until prompted during the driver installation step.
|Step 2: Install the driver and set up the connection|
Go to www.hp-file.net, enter your printer model, and then click Begin. Depending on your printer and operating system version, the guided driver installation app HP Easy Start downloads, or you are redirected to the HP Software and Driver Downloads page to install the full feature driver.
- If HP Easy Start downloads, follow the on-screen instructions to setup and install your printer. You do not need to complete the remaining steps in this section if the setup is successful.
- If Easy Start fails or your printer is not listed , continue with these steps to install a driver from the www.hp-file.net.
- Go to HP Customer Support – Software and Driver Downloads, enter your printer model, if prompted, and then confirm the operating system version is correct.
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, click Download next to HP Easy Start or the full feature driver, depending on the option that displays, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the HP .dmg file in the Downloads folder or browser bar to begin the installation.
- If you are prompted for a printer connection type, select USB.
- On the Install screen, make sure HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected if your printer has a scanner to enable full scan functionality.
- If you are prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of your printer, click the Use or Print Using menu, select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu, and then click Add.
- Return to the HP installer to complete the installation.
- Try to print, scan, or fax, depending on your printer functionality.