HP wireless – Capable Printers and Windows and Mac Computers.
If you initially set up your printer with a USB cable connection to the computer using the full feature HP driver or the HP Smart app, you can convert to a wireless network connection at any time.
HP PRINTERS FOR WINDOWS
Change the connection type with the HP Printer Setup & Software utility or with the HP Smart app for Windows 10. Leave the USB cable connected until you are prompted to disconnect it.
- HP Printer Setup & Software utility
Search Windows for ‘HP‘, and then click the name of your printer in the results to open HP Printer Assistant. Click Utilities or Tools in the top menu bar, click Printer Setup & Software or Device Setup & Software, and then click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless to launch the utility.
- Convert a USB connected printer to wireless utility in HP Printer Assistant
- HP Smart app
On the app home screen, look for a Make printing easier by connecting your printer wirelessly message at the top of the window. If it displays, click Learn More to start the guided conversion.
- Set up the printer wirelessly in HP Smart
HP PRINTERS FOR Mac OS
Change the connection type through HP Utility software, or add the wireless printer through System Preferences.
- Wireless Setup tool in HP Utility:
Open Finder , click Go in the top menu bar, click Applications, double-click the HP folder, and then double-click HP Utility.
From the All Settings tab, click Wireless Setup to launch the utility.
- Wireless Setup tool in HP Utility
- Printer Through System Preferences
- Connect the printer to the network. Steps to connect vary by printer control panel type.
- Printers with touchscreen or LCD menu displays: On the printer, select the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer.
- Printers without displays: Press the Wireless button to turn on the wireless radio. If the wireless light is on and solid, the printer is connected to the network. If the light is blinking, move the printer close to your wireless router, press the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button on the router, and then wait until the wireless light is solid.
- Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list with Bonjour or Bonjour Multifunction as the Kind, and then do one of the following steps.
- If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up correctly. Click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.