How To Use HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
- Depending on the problem, click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
- Test results are displayed with icons:A checkmark means your printer passed.A wrench means a problem was found and fixed.An exclamation mark means a test failed and was skipped.An X means the printer has a problem. Follow the instructions to fix it.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor shortcut is installed on your desktop.
HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool for Windows to help resolve printing and scanning problems.Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded to your computer using your Internet browser. The file is approximately 10MB in size. After the download and installation completes, HP Print and Scan Doctor opens. Click Start on the Welcome screen. If your printer is not listed, make sure the printer is turned on and connected, click My product is not listed, and then click Retry. Select your printer, and then click Next. If a connection problem is detected, click the method being used to connect the printer, follow the instructions on the screen, and then click Retry. Depending on your issue, click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.