HP OfficeJet 8702, 8710, 8715, 8718, 8719, 8720, 8725, 8728, 8730, 8740, and 8745 printers.
Step 1: Reset the printer
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
NOTE:HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
Step 2: Replace the ink cartridges
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
- Remove the old ink cartridge, and then insert the new ink cartridge into its slot.
- Repeat these steps to replace the other three ink cartridges.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
Step 3: Replace the printhead
- Replacement printhead assemblies are available only from HP Customer Support or authorized service providers.
CAUTION: Wait until you have a new printhead assembly available before removing the ink cartridges. Do not leave the ink cartridges outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. Doing so can result in damage to both the printer and the ink cartridges.
If you have a defective cartridge or printhead, it might be under warranty. To check the warranty on your ink or toner supplies, go to Printer and Page Yield Overview, and then review the limited warranty information for your supplies.
If your printhead assembly is no longer under warranty, you can purchase a new one online.
- Go to HP Parts Store (in English), and then select your country/region and language combination, if prompted.
- In the Find your part search box, type M0H91A, and then press Enter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to order the printhead assembly.
Step 4: Service the printer